Monday, June 8, 2009

Morin File (round two)

Over the last several months training hours have been added and intensities changed. All the while Marc has had nothing but a giant smile on his face. His reaction to training stress has been remarkable. The last couple of weeks have truly been a test of our relationship, not the 'typical test' that relationships go through. But a test of how effective our training plan has been. This past weekend Marc ran the Calgary Marathon in a new personal best; 3:20:00 (20 minute pb), when I chatted with him the very next day on the pool deck he was grinning like a Cheshire cat. I shouted out 'new pb' as he approached with the usual bounce in his step. 'yep' he replied 'and I will go faster next time.' He has promptly singed up for the Victoria Marathon in October to qualify for Boston.

I been around athletes for most of my life and it is truly rare to see this level of enthusiasm and passion for personal goals. The next relationship test will come this weekend as Marc and I hit the Water with 600 other athletes at the Wasa Lake triathlon. Tune in for round three!

1 comment:

Ari said...

That's an awesome time, Marc. Congratulations man.